Converting VS.NET 2003 web project to VS.NET 2005 web project

Guest

I've got a handfull of .NET 1.1 solutions each with multiple ASP.NET web
projects and dependencies on one another.

I'm trying to automate the build process here at work and I've initially
decided on using MSBuild as my build engine.

Using MSBee, this process seems to work pretty well for non ASP.NET
applications.

However, the Web project present quite a challange. The first problem is
that when I convert a web project form VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2005, the
project file no longer exists. Thus I am unable to update the project file
with the MSBee targets.

The conversion report always says that it converted as a file based web
project. How do I specify a different type of conversion which will retain my
project file so I can update it with the MSBee targets to allow it to build
on 1.1.????

Thanks. I appreciate all the help. This is fairly urgent as I've been
investigating a solution for too long now.

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
[...]

Websites in ASP.NET 2.0 and Web Applications in ASP.NET 1.1 are very
different. The best choice when you come from ASP.NET 1.1 is to use
Scott Guthrie's Web Application Project template for Visual Studio 2005.

See this:
http://geekswithblogs.net/lbugnion/archive/2006/09/12/91000.aspx

HTH,
Laurent