Cookies

lostman

Hi,

I need to make a little script that keep the info of a user on my site.
I use Cookie to make this work, but the problem i have is :

We have a lot of Sub-section on our site (www.mysite.com) like
ex.mysite.com, yyy.mysite.com, zzz.mysite.com, so each of them write is
cookie, can we make each of these sub-section and the principal site write
in the same cookie ?

Thank you.

Ray at

No, unfortunately, cookies cannot be accessed across domains in any way.
This is true for subdomains of the same parent or not.

Ray at home

Tim Williams

If you explicitly set the path as ".mysite.com" (don't leave off the leading
dot) then the cookie should be readable by all of your sub-domains.

Tim