Copy files to Linux server through ssh tunnel

durumdara

Hi !

I have some backup files on a server farm.
I want to store these local backup files on a backup file server for
"safety's snake".

These files are compressed zip files with 12 character length password.
But my system admin asked me, how can I improve the safety of the copy
operation, and the storing (now I use Samba share to store these files. I
map the SMB share on the client, copy these files, and unmap SMB).

Then I thinking to ssh protocol to improve protection.

The backup script is a py script. I see that Winscp can copy files through
ssh tunnel. Can I do it too ?
How ? How to I do it in pythonic way ?

Please help me with some examples or urls or other infos !

Thanks * 1000:
dd

Larry Bates

You might want to install copy of Cygwin on your Windows
box. Then you can use scp or maybe rsync over ssh
to do the copying. Works great for me.

-Larry Bates