copy / paste of controls in views not preserving position attribute

Beemer Biker

I finally discoved why controls are not getting pasted into my multiview
"view". The position attribute (absolute, normal, offset) is being set to
absolute. I assume this is a "feature" of the designer?

I copy a control that is in a "normal to flow" position in one view and
paste it into another view as I need the same control. Iinstead, it appears
at the top of the document. I then find it at the top of the document (it
could be under somthing so I am now making room for this misplacement).
Anyway, I select style then position and then set the position to "normal to
view" or "offset" instead of absolute and SURE ENOUGH the control
immediately jumps to the view I had pasted it on in the first place!

Can I assume this feature is normal behavior? Can I set some property so
that "normal" or "offset" position gets inherited on the panel and when I
paste a control it goes where I paste it instead where it wants to go?

...thanks for letting me blow off some steam..

Beemer Biker joestateson at grandecom dot net
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT