copyright your code

ELCO

www.electronic-copyright.com invites anyone interested in protecting
their intellectual property copyright (including programming code) to
visit our website. We assist you in verifying your copyright ownership
by documenting the recorded date and content of your submitted files,
and by maintaining secure, encrypted copies of your intellectual
property to support your claim of copyright ownership in future
disputes. Our services and prices are described on our website, as well
as other relevant information to help you protect your copyright.
Thank you,
www.electronic-copyright.com

Stephen Chalmers

ELCO said:
www.electronic-copyright.com invites anyone interested in protecting
their intellectual property copyright (including programming code) to
visit our website. We assist you in verifying your copyright ownership
by documenting the recorded date and content of your submitted files,
and by maintaining secure, encrypted copies of your intellectual
property to support your claim of copyright ownership in future
disputes. Our services and prices are described on our website, as well
as other relevant information to help you protect your copyright.
Thank you,
www.electronic-copyright.com
I don't see how that could be of benefit to anyone other than the proprietor
of the scheme. Unlike a patent application whose originality can be
researched, an individual registering some given code cannot prove its
originality or consequently his copyright.

I think I'll stick to embedding threats of death and remote viewing, which
should be far more effectual against plagiaristic types.

ELCO

It's a valid question. Basically, if a copyright registration service
opens or tampers with the submitted material, they're out of business.
The basic principle of copyright law is that copyright attaches
automatically to the author (in any format, text, code, etc.) but in
cases of dispute you have to PROVE your ownership; so it's a matter of
comparing evidentiary proof. That's where copyright registration
services come in, third party independent organizations which seal and
date your submitted material, never opening or altering anything .
Breaking the seal (either wax or electronically encrypted) breaks the
evidentiary chain. So businesses which provide this service have to
verify that whatever was in that package (or electronic file) has never
been opened or altered. That's why they're sealed and secured.
Copyright registration services don't know or want to know what's in
all those envelopes or files; their business is maintaining secure
copies of submitted material to help you prove your claim to copyright
ownership in case of future disputes. Mailing yourself a copy (which
can be tampered with) is weighed against the security measures of 3rd
party businesses which specialize in this very service and have to
account in court for their evidentiary security measures. Registering
you copyright is simply insurance against the possibility of someone
else using your intellectual property without payment or credit to you,
and having to confront them in court. It's you and your envelope up
against a third party which specializes in providing evidentiary
support to copyright ownership claims.
www.electronic-copyright.com