Could not find file Error

Amritha.Datta

Can anyone tell me why the below code returns error?
Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find
file

Dim strLFolder As String = "c:\Temp\F Files"
Dim intClientID As Integer = 1221

Dim XMLStr As String = strLFolder & "\" &
intClientID.ToString.Trim & "\Lk\HeaderTrailerDeltails_data.xml"
Dim dsPubs As New DataSet
dsPubs.ReadXml(XMLStr)

where as the below code is working

Dim dsPubs As New DataSet
dsPubs.ReadXml("c:\temp\F Files\1221\Lk
\HeaderTrailerDeltails_data.xml")

Thanks

Patrice

Is Deltails in both intentional ?

My approach would be to read the directory content using DirectoryInfo and
do a char by char comparison to get the first mismatch char so that this is
my computer that works to find the difference (for example you could have a
non secable white space character that would be near impossible to find by
just looking).

Amritha.Datta

Is Deltails in both intentional ?

My approach would be to read the directory content using DirectoryInfo and
do a char by char comparison to get the first mismatch char so that this is
my computer that works to find the difference (for example you could have a
non secable white space character that would be near impossible to find by
just looking).

The directory is valid and existing in the hard disk.
The problem is why it is throwing error if I use the first method?

I will have to use the first method because that enable me to get
different clientID values dynamically in the program.

Thanks

Patrice

I don't see any obvious reason but my first assumption would be that this is
for some legitimate reason. So once again I would code a file name
comparision to make sure that there is no mismatch in particular regarding
white spaces that are almost uncheckable by just looking at them. Have you
tried what I have suggested ?

Also what if you try both code you submitted but using a single variable
that contains the file name (this way you are 100% sure that both file name
are the same) ?

Etc....
--
Patrice

<[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
(e-mail address removed)...
Is Deltails in both intentional ?

My approach would be to read the directory content using DirectoryInfo and
do a char by char comparison to get the first mismatch char so that this
is
my computer that works to find the difference (for example you could have
non secable white space character that would be near impossible to find by
just looking).

The directory is valid and existing in the hard disk.
The problem is why it is throwing error if I use the first method?

I will have to use the first method because that enable me to get
different clientID values dynamically in the program.

Thanks

I bet your problem is with permissions.
You may need to adjust the security on that folder to allow the ASPNET (or
NetworkService) user the necessary permissions.
Alternately you could use impersonation to have ASP.NET run under a
different user account:
<!-- Web.config file. -->
<identity impersonate="true" userName="Redmond\BillG" password="Melinda"/>