Could not find part of path on mapped drive

Discussion in '.NET' started by dhl365, Sep 18, 2007.

  1. dhl365

    dhl365

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Here is the error message: Could not find a part of the path 'S:\00000000\40.tif'.

    On our web server, there is an S drive mapped to a folder on another PC on the network. The app I create works fine on my PC and on the web server when the path is set to a local directory but will not work when passing the path to a mapped drive. The shared permission is set to Everyone and Full Control.

    Here's my code:

    Dim strFile As String = "S:\00000000\40.tif"

    Dim _stream As System.IO.Stream = New System.IO.FileStream(strFile, System.IO.FileMode.Open)
    Dim _bmp As New Bitmap(_stream)
    Context.Response.ContentType = "image/gif"
    _bmp.Save(Context.Response.OutputStream, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Gif)
    _bmp.Dispose()
    _stream.Close()

    I've looked on previous posts but haven't found one that matches my situation. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.
    dhl365, Sep 18, 2007