Could not load type error

Sumit Thomas

Hi,

I have created sub directories for my application, however, when I
try to access the aspx files in the subdirectory, I get the
following error : "Could Not Load A1.A2" where A1 is the name of my
project and A2 is the name of my subdirectory. It looks like the
program is looking for the bin folder in the subdirectory, not the
root directory; I know this because if I copy the bin directory from
the root directory to the subdirectory, it works fine. Is there any
way to tell IIS to use the root directory bin folder instead of
looking in the subdirectory??

Cheers
Sumit

Scott Allen

Sumit:

I believe this could happen if you created a new application virtual
directory instead of a vanilla sub directory. Go into the IIS MMC and
check the virtual directory settings for the sub directory. Under
Application Settings, if there is a "Remove" button, click remove.
This does not delete the directory - just removes its status as an
"application". ASP.NET always looks in the bin directory for the
application to find assemblies.

HTH,