Could not load type error

Sumit Thomas

Hi,

I have created sub directories for my application, however, when I
try to access the aspx files in the subdirectory, I get the
following error : "Could Not Load A1.A2" where A1 is the name of my
project and A2 is the name of my subdirectory. It looks like the
program is looking for the bin folder in the subdirectory, not the
root directory; I know this because if I copy the bin directory from
the root directory to the subdirectory, it works fine. Is there any
way to tell IIS to use the root directory bin folder instead of
looking in the subdirectory??

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Sumit

Eric Marvets

No, it must be in a sub folder or the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) for .NET to be able to load the resource

-Eric