CPanel

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Karl Core, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. Karl Core

    Karl Core Guest

    Karl Core, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Karl Core

    Els Guest

    Karl Core wrote:

    > Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    From a user's perspective? I love it :)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Karl Core

    Karl Core Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > Karl Core wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    > From a user's perspective? I love it :)

    I mean from a sysadmin's perspective.

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    Karl Core, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Karl Core

    saz Guest

    In article <co2liv$nfh$>,
    says...
    > Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    Outstanding.
    saz, Nov 24, 2004
  5. Karl Core

    Kris Guest

    In article <co2liv$nfh$>,
    "Karl Core" <> wrote:

    > Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    As I am not very proficient at wielding a command line interface nor
    know sufficient of .htaccess and the like, I love CPanel for it's ease
    of use and ability get complicated things done in little time with a
    minimum technical knowledge.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    Kris, Nov 24, 2004
  6. "Karl Core" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    We have about 75 of our servers running Cpanel. Customers love it. It
    sells alot of hosting packages for us.

    From an admin point of view, there are things about it that are frustrating
    (lots of stuff zend encoded, things that could be fixed/tweaked, dependant
    on their license server, etc.). However, overall, its not bad at all.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
    http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Nov 24, 2004
  7. Karl Core wrote:

    > Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    CPanel must be the dream of any Web developer! And it keeps expanding...

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Nov 25, 2004
  8. Karl Core wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >> Karl Core wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    >> From a user's perspective? I love it :)
    >>

    > I mean from a sysadmin's perspective.

    Admittedly, I never saw the system administrator's side, but I have _never_
    had to report any problems, difficulties or bugs with CPanel. Based on
    that, it's probably highly reliable.

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Nov 25, 2004
  9. In news:co2liv$nfh$,
    Karl Core <> walked into the bar with a grape in each
    nostril and said to the bartender:
    :: Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    It's a good, quick interface. Quite possibly the best thing since whiskey
    in bottles.

    # -Matt
    Matt-the-Hoople, Nov 25, 2004
  10. "Roy Schestowitz" <> wrote in message
    > Karl Core wrote:
    >
    >> "Els" <> wrote in message

    >>> From a user's perspective? I love it :)
    >>>

    >> I mean from a sysadmin's perspective.

    > Admittedly, I never saw the system administrator's side, but I have
    > _never_
    > had to report any problems, difficulties or bugs with CPanel. Based on
    > that, it's probably highly reliable.

    To get an idea of some of the issues with Cpanel, head on over to their
    forums. As I said earlier though, its really not bad at all. Like any
    software, there's a bit of a learning curve and you need to make sure you
    keep it up to date and take care of any reported issues right away.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Multi-Domain & Reseller Cpanel Hosting
    http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Nov 25, 2004
  11. Karl Core

    Richard Guest

    Karl Core wrote:

    > Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    For it's purpose, cpanel is a necessary tool to administer a site with.
    Easily understood and handled.
    Richard, Nov 25, 2004
  12. "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    > Karl Core wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    > For it's purpose, cpanel is a necessary tool to administer a site with.
    > Easily understood and handled.

    Good documentation helps. If anyone is interested, feel free to browse our
    FAQs: http://www.technicalsupportnow.com (nothing to buy there...just
    info)

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Nov 25, 2004
  13. Karl Core wrote:
    > Can anyone give me their opinions of CPanel?

    Out of all the various control panels, there is nothing to touch it.
    Just needs checking out every day to see if theres a security issue that
    needs updating,

    -----
    Peter
    nativespace
    web hosting - domain names - design
    http://www.nativespace.com
    Peter - nativespace hosting, Nov 25, 2004