CPANPLUS::Backend and Inline::Java

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Zebee Johnstone, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. I am trying to script a set of module installations via
    CPANPLUS::Backend.

    So far I've git it all working bar one - Inline::Java.

    This module requires you to
    perl Makefile.PL J2SDK=/path/to/your/j2sdk/installation
    make java
    make
    make install

    I can get it to add the J2SDK flag via makemakerflags, but can't
    get it to make java before doing make.

    I have tried:
    my $rv = $cb->install( modules =>['Inline::Java'],skiptest=>"1",makemakerflags=>'J2SDK=/usr/local/jdk',prereq_target=>'java');

    It fails because "make java" hasn't been done, it goes straight
    to make and can't continue because things "make java" should have
    done are not done. (error: make: *** No rule to make target
    `Java/InlineJavaServer.jar', needed by `pm_to_blib'. Stop.)

    I have tried it via 3 steps, fetch, extract, then make. but the make
    step:
    my $rv = $cb->make( dirs=>['/root/.cpanplus/5.6.0/build/Inline-Java-0.49'],makemakerflags=>'J2SDK=/usr/local/jdk',prereq_target=>"java'");

    fails in the same way, "make java" is not being done.

    If I try target java, instead of prereq_target, with the idea of doing
    two make steps, it complains that "Key 'target' is of invalid type for
    CPANPLUS::Internals::Make::_make" I presume because it is not one of
    make/install/test/makefile.

    Is there a way to script the installation of this module?

    Zebee
    --
    Zebee Johnstone (), proud holder of
    aus.motorcycles Poser Permit #1.