Crackly sound in pygame

Woot4Moo

Hey guys I am running Windows XP and am having an issue with a game
that my team has created. Whenever an audio file is played it creates
a very distorted, crackly sound. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Thanks

alain

Hey guys I am running Windows XP and am having an issue with a game
that my team has created. Whenever an audio file is played it creates
a very distorted, crackly sound. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Thanks

No,
and the more i look at your post, the more i can't see why.
Sorry for not being able to help.

Alain

David Tweet

Before calling pygame.init(), you can call pygame.mixer.pre_init.
Make sure the sample rate and sample size matches your audio file.
But most likely the issue is that the default audio buffer size of
1024 doesn't cut it for some sound cards; try increasing to the next
power of two.

Ex.
pygame.mixer.pre_init(44100, -16, 2, 2048)