    a very distorted, crackly sound. Any ideas what could be the issue?

    Thanks

    , Nov 30, 2007

  2. alain Guest

    On Nov 30, 4:33 am, "" <> wrote:
    > Hey guys I am running Windows XP and am having an issue with a game
    > that my team has created. Whenever an audio file is played it creates
    > a very distorted, crackly sound. Any ideas what could be the issue?
    >
    > Thanks

    No,
    and the more i look at your post, the more i can't see why.
    Sorry for not being able to help.

    Alain

    alain, Nov 30, 2007

  3. David Tweet Guest

    Before calling pygame.init(), you can call pygame.mixer.pre_init.
    Make sure the sample rate and sample size matches your audio file.
    But most likely the issue is that the default audio buffer size of
    1024 doesn't cut it for some sound cards; try increasing to the next
    power of two.

    Ex.
    pygame.mixer.pre_init(44100, -16, 2, 2048)

    On Nov 29, 2007 7:33 PM, <> wrote:
    > Hey guys I am running Windows XP and am having an issue with a game
    > that my team has created. Whenever an audio file is played it creates
    > a very distorted, crackly sound. Any ideas what could be the issue?
    >
    > Thanks

    -David

    David Tweet, Nov 30, 2007