Crazy ASP.NET ERROR. dpwnnjmk.dll???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rooster575, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. rooster575

    rooster575 Guest

    Im getting the following error on a page where I try to access an external
    web service.
    Every time I get the error the .dll name is different!

    Thanks for any help.

    =
    System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
    System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. --->
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name dpwnnjmk.dll, or one
    of its dependencies, was not found.

    File name: "dpwnnjmk.dll"

    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase,
    Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
    throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Boolean
    stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

    at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence
    assemblySecurity)

    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()

    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()

    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()

    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings)

    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
    mappings)

    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientType..ctor(Type type)

    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol..ctor()

    rooster575, Apr 28, 2004

  2. rooster575

    rooster575 Guest

    Nevermind, the fix was to type.

    aspnet_regiis -i

    ... in the v1.1.xxx directory.

    rooster575, Apr 28, 2004

  3. rooster575

    Tom C Guest

    I want to get another solution into the stream. Our situation was

    Situation:
    1) developing on XP Pro with VS.NET 2002
    2) using local web service
    3) had been working for almost 2 years
    4) Last used April 13, 2004 from ASP.NET
    5) Call to web service from Windows continues to work
    6) Was broken on several developer machines

    Problem:

    1) Tried on April 28, 2004 from ASP.NET page and received the fateful
    message:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name xxxxxxxx.dll,
    or
    one of its dependencies, was not found.

    Analysis:

    1) This message comes from the XMLSerializer which creates and then
    tries to compile some code into a dll assembly on the fly (thus the
    strange temporary name)
    2) Given that the problem just started, we theorized that it was
    something that was recently installed
    3) Found the culprit to be the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-012:
    Cumulative Update for Microsoft RPC/DCOM (828741). This was put out
    on 4/13/04.

    When that was removed, the call to local web service from local
    ASP.NET on developer machines worked again.

    Tom C, Apr 29, 2004