Create fields in the standard asp.net user

christopher

Hi everyone.

I have made a webpage that uses the built in .net user system for
handeling all the users of the page. I have also set it up tu run from
mssql instead of the standard user-database that visual studio
automaticly creates. The thing is now that I wanna have custom fields
added to the users. Something like phone-number, height, weight and so
on. What is the best way to do this? I have'nt really found any good
examples out there. Anybody wanna point me in the right direction? :)

Best regards
Christopher

Maclean

Hi everyone.

I have made a webpage that uses the built in .net user system for
handeling all the users of the page. I have also set it up tu run from
mssql instead of the standard user-database that visual studio
automaticly creates. The thing is now that I wanna have custom fields
added to the users. Something like phone-number, height, weight and so
on. What is the best way to do this? I have'nt really found any good
examples out there. Anybody wanna point me in the right direction? :)

Best regards
Christopher

Hi

www.asp.net tutorials on Membership and Profiles.

You can either extend the Profile of the user with the simple addition
of values in the web.config or capture the extra data in to another
table using the userid as the reference. when the onCreateUser trigger
is trigger, capture the UID and post this to the new table along with
the extra values. (http://www.asp.net/learn/security/tutorial-08-
cs.aspx)

Hope that helps.

Arran

christopher

Hi

www.asp.nettutorials on Membership and Profiles.

You can either extend the Profile of the user with the simple addition
of values in the web.config or capture the extra data in to another
table using the userid as the reference. when the onCreateUser trigger
is trigger, capture the UID and post this to the new table along with
the extra values. (http://www.asp.net/learn/security/tutorial-08-
cs.aspx)

Hope that helps.

Arran

Thanks, Arran!

I will try this suggestion. I just think it is funny that there is no
simple way to have everything in one table.

Thanks again! :)