Create PDF Files

Bruno Alexandre

I guys,

I need your help finding a solution to my problem...
With thousands of PDF objects in the internet, and because It's the first
time I will use an object that does not beow to the framework itself (not
counting with Atlas), I need you advice in getting a nice component with an
afordable price for ASP.NET 2.0 (using VB.NET).

I do not own the web server so it has to be one that can can just upload
the dll file to my BIN folder and work with it from there.

The objective is to create invoices, reports and nice dynamic applications
forms, tat I already create but as a HTML document.

All help would be apreciate getting this. If I googleit I just die with all
info and I realy can't figure it out the best road to take, if you use any
object please tell me witch and your feedback.

BJ

Hey Bruno,

I've used two different ways in the past. If you already have the HTML
version try using ABCPDF.

If you had to print a word document to a PDF there would be an extra
step to save the word document to an HTML doc and then create the PDF.
For this solution, I use a tool call pdfFactory. Factory will allow
me, programmaticaly, to append documents to one PDF. This is the only
tool so far I have found that will allow me have this feature. I just
it create letters in Word, again programmaticaly, and print (append) to
a PDF file. I then ship the PDF file to a Print Center to have them
print, pack, and ship the lettters.

Hope this helps.

BJ

Bruno Alexandre

do you own your own webServer? or is that using the BIN folder (just past
the DLL inside and we can use it)...

as I could see pdfFactory and I really liked the features and the price is
really nice also, it's a program that uses Register information to perform
actions, I can't use such thing under ASP.NET 2.0 cause for security reasons
the framework under ASP does not allow me to change register information (I
can do this under VB.NET) but for now my application it's 100% ASP.NET 2.0

:-(

ABCPDF is really expensive but I will give it a try :-/

--

Bruno Alexandre
(a Portuguese in Københanv, Danmark)

"BJ" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem