CreateObject() in ASP => Access right? Please help!!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Roland Johann, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. On my Windows Server 2003 Web Edition I have installed an application which
    offers some OLE Automation Objects. On my local system (W2k Prof) it works
    fine but on my server 2003 I have a big problem with the access right.
    I configured the IIS so that for this site E:\Websites\myASPSite the ASP
    application (regular old ASP, no ASP.NET code!) should use the default ASP
    users right (I created a myASPUser). Under this user I can start my OLE
    application per hand and use it without problems.
    If the ASP code tries to access to my application or better the OLE
    interface with CreateObject("myASPApp.Object1") I get the error code
    800a0046.
    Than for testing only I tried to configure the IIS site so that the ASP code
    is working under Admin rights. But than I got the error code 80070002.

    So my questions:
    * How do I have to configure the system rights so that it is possible to
    create my applications objects with CreateObject() in my ASP code?
    Which directory rights? Which file rights? And which rights under IIS do I
    need?

    * Are there other ASP or IIS user right or file rihgt settings necessary to
    connect to my app via CreateObject()?

    * Are there other OLE configurations necessary to use the CreateObject() in
    ASP for connecting to my non-ASP app?

    * What's about the error code 80070002 under Admin rights?

    Please help!!!! I tried everything but now I have no idea what could be
    wrong!

    Roland

    Roland Johann, Nov 20, 2003