    I suppose this would be a custom component. Probably an applet would
    be the easiest way to implement the map, but is there anyway to nicely
    integrate an applet into the JSF framework, perhaps as a JSF component?

    stefoid, Dec 14, 2004

  2. I've never written an applet, but I would say that JSF is better,
    because you don't need any plugin on your browser, which probably suits
    better your thin_as_I_can requirement. I would also think that you
    probably have to develop two custom components, or at least one
    component and one renderer: one for the single hexagon, and one for the
    map itself, that is, the container.

    Andrea Desole, Dec 15, 2004