creating an executable?

John Salerno

Well, now that I can time my laundry, I need to make it runnable. I
tried looking for info on the freeze module in the help file, but it
didn't seem to come up with much. According to the Python wiki, freeze
is for making executables for Unix.

Can I make an executable with just the standard distribution, or do I
need a separate module?

Thanks.

Larry Bates

John said:
Well, now that I can time my laundry, I need to make it runnable. I
tried looking for info on the freeze module in the help file, but it
didn't seem to come up with much. According to the Python wiki, freeze
is for making executables for Unix.

Can I make an executable with just the standard distribution, or do I
need a separate module?

Thanks.

You didn't ask about an installer, but I thought I'd make the suggestion
anyway. The combination of py2exe and Inno Installer works EXTREMELY
well for distributing software on Windows platform. Use py2exe to
create .exe and support files, use Inno to wrap it up into a neat single
setup.exe file for distribution.

-Larry Bates

John Salerno

Larry said:
You didn't ask about an installer, but I thought I'd make the suggestion
anyway. The combination of py2exe and Inno Installer works EXTREMELY
well for distributing software on Windows platform. Use py2exe to
create .exe and support files, use Inno to wrap it up into a neat single
setup.exe file for distribution.

-Larry Bates

Thanks. That's definitely something I would ask about eventually, so
I'll check that one out too!