creating/copying files

Jeff

I have looked on the net, but obvious not in the correct place for this.

with this mega tourney site i am working on, i am thinking of several ways
to do this efficiently.
so what i want to do, is when a new tourney is created, create a folder on
my server that is named the id number of the tourney. this is the easy part.

next, i will have a temp folder with all the tourney files in it, that i
would want to copy to the new folder. but i have not found a good way to
copy these files.

can someone stear me in the right direction?

currently, i have been using querystrings to determine the correct id, and
it is working fine. i just think that doing it this wat, would be easuer to
keep each event seperate.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
jeff

Jeff

Ok, so I did find this...

<%

Dim objFSO
FSO.CopyFile "c:\Inetpub\wwwwroot\default.htm",
"c:\Inetpub\wwwwroot\backup\default.htm"

response.write "File copied."

%>

Now, something I haven't tried to do. Using that example above, it would
need to be copied to something like
c:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\(varTourney_ID)\default.htm

so how can i put a varibale in the path