Creating new database 'Views' in Server Explorer

Guest

Hi,

When I right-click the View Node of a database connection (in server
explorer), I only get the 2 choices: "Refresh" and "Properties".

Therefore I was wondering how can I set up Visual Studio to allow me to add
and setup new "Views" in a database? I don't know if it is something I need
to do to the database, visual studio, IIS or if its a security setting that
is extant on my PC.

I get the same problem with the "Stored Procedures" node aswell

Thanks in advance for your help

Jon

Mark Fitzpatrick

Which database type are you connecting to and what version (ie: Sql Server
2000). You may want to play around with a different connection type just in
case you chose a connection type that limits what can be done with the
database.

Guest

I get the same problem for both an SQL Server 2000 and for an Access 2003
database.

What do you mean by "connection type"? are you referring to the Provider?

If it helps, for SQL I am using the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL
Server" and for access I am using the "Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider"

Thanks