Creating spreadsheets with asp.net - How name them?

WISEMANOFNARNIA

I have code in asp.net that is supposed to create a spreadsheet. It
works for some people, but others complain that the spreadsheet has no
'sheet1', and instead they are told it has an 'illegal sheet name'.
So I experimented: I thought the XML for the spreadsheet could start
with a tag like <sheet name='MyFirstSheet'>. But putting that tag in
doesn't make a difference. In fact, I don't even know if the tag
exists in some kind of Excel xml language.
Does anyone have an idea of how I would specify a name for a sheet?
(technical note - I am using asp.net's Response.Write and passing it
xml)
Thanks,
Marvin

Guest

I have code in asp.net that is supposed to create a spreadsheet.  It
works for some people, but others complain that the spreadsheet has no
'sheet1', and instead they are told it has an 'illegal sheet name'.
So I experimented: I thought the XML for the spreadsheet could start
with a tag like <sheet name='MyFirstSheet'>.  But putting that tag in
doesn't make a difference.  In fact, I don't even know if the tag
exists in some kind of Excel xml language.
Does anyone have an idea of how I would specify a name for a sheet?
(technical note - I am using asp.net's Response.Write and passing it
xml)
Thanks,
Marvin

Hi Marvin

Use Excel XML Schema Namespace and <ExcelWorksheet> together with
<Name> tags.

Examples:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271572
http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=83069