Creating users in the web configuration tool

jdn

I can create roles and access rules just fine, but if I try to create a
user, it says "An error was encountered...".

I tried searching on this, but no one has a similar error.

Why can I create a role but not a user?

TIA
jdn

jdn

jdn said:
I can create roles and access rules just fine, but if I try to create a
user, it says "An error was encountered...".

I tried searching on this, but no one has a similar error.

Why can I create a role but not a user?

TIA
jdn

Once I looked at the Event Viewer, I could see that it couldn't find the
Default Membership Provider, so by adjusting the web.config file, I was able
to get it to work.

jdn
kingcrim at earthlink dot net