Creating Users Manually

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by BobLaughland, Mar 13, 2006.

  1. BobLaughland

    BobLaughland Guest

    Hi There,

    I am creating an ASP .NET 2.0 web page using c#.

    I am using the 'CreateUserWizard' control to add users to my site. Just
    wondering whether there is a programatic way to do this.

    E.G. I want to create a spreadsheet with 50 users details on it, and
    then want to load that in and create the users in the database.

    The uncertainty I have at the moment is actually taking the records and
    putting them into the database. Is there a method somewhere as part of
    the 'CreateUserWizard' which will take the persons details and insert
    it into the database. I can't just insert all the data in the database
    because the 'CreateUserWizard' automatically adds stuff to a bunch of
    tables, and also encrypts the password and all that.

    One other alternative is to programatically set the fields to add the
    users one at a time into the 'CreateUserWizard' control I have on my
    page, and then force it to click the button. My question is how can I
    force it to click the button?

    Thanks,

    Peter.

    BobLaughland, Mar 13, 2006

  2. Hello Peter,

    Anything the login controls or the webadmin tool can do, you can do
    programatically. They are wrappers for the api. You can create a user
    programatically using the Membership.CreateUser() method. See the docs for
    more info on the Membership classes in general.

    --
    enjoy - brians
    http://www.limbertech.com

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=, Mar 13, 2006