    Cheers,

    Steve.

    , Jul 9, 2005

  2. Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 9 Jul 2005 02:09:00 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi - Any help or pointer on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm
    >working on something similar to blogger.com. Users sign up and they get
    >their own webpage, with a domain name of 'username.blogger.com'.
    >
    >Since blogger.com is doing it on the fly (as you sign up), I'm sure
    >they are doing it programmatically. Anyone has any clue on how they do
    >that?

    Ask in a DNS group related to the DNS you use. It's actually quite
    simple and there are several methods to create DNS entries
    programatically. There are also many ways to handle the web page,
    from creating a new site, to parsing the header used when anything at
    blogger.com is requested. Much of that depends on the server version,
    capacity, your specific goals and so on.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 9, 2005