Creating Web App

Guest

I recently switched operating systems from Win200Pro to WinXPPro. This was a new machine and not an upgrade from Win2000. After installing Visual Studio 2003 (which I was using on the Win2000 machine) I am unable to create an ASP.Net web project. I get this error
"The Web Server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project at the following URL
'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.
When I was using Win2000 I never encountered this. IIS is installed and running. ASP.Net has been installed and registered using the aspnet_regiis -i utility
Does anyone know how to fix this? It's looking like I will need to revert back to Win2000 if I cannot get this to work under WinXP

Thanks.

Brian Parlier

You could try this:

Open IE and goto Tools | Internet Options

Move to the Connections Tab and click the LAN Settings button.

Under the Proxy Section check Bypass proxy server for local addresses.

This will allow you to create asp.net applications locally.

I recently had this problem and took a while to resolve the issue. Like
you, I was about to rollback to 2000.

Good Luck,
Brian Parlier