Critique?

Jonathan N. Little

Mike said:
Hi Ed,

Thanks for your comments.

Outlook says that message was sent today. I added a hatched background last
night, and it works on Firefox for me. Can you still not see it?

I'm unsure what to do with the images. May make them snapshots of
Bournemouth (where I'm based, and I'm only looking to attract local
businesses).

You're also right about the text. I'll get onto that tonight.

Cheers - your advice is very much appreciated,

Richard
Mike:

You seem to be relying on the image's ALT text to produce the 'tooltip'
to instruct that the link is to your portfolio. The problem is only MSIE
and some legacy browsers display the 'tooltip', Gecko browsers use the
ALT only when the image is unavailable which I believe was the original
intent of the tag. The TITLE tag generates the tooltip. My suggestion is
use both so the old NN4 browsers which do not support the TITLE tag, or
add text to indicate what the link is. For images as a link to to work
alone, they have to be more symbolic in nature to convey the link's
function.

Jan Faerber

Blinky the Shark loudly proclaimed:
I think that's A Pondian Difference. Rightpondians seem to use the
plural even when referring to a singular entity, if the entity is
comprised of countable things: "Parlaiment are", "the government are",
etc.

.... the police are coming.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
100% wide, auto adjustable, expandable to the size of browser

I know what liquid means. I was asking what page you were referring to
as "that page", since you didn't quote anything that you were replying
to.
If you love blank pages...

I meant more the clean than nice. But now that you mention it, a blank
page is an improvement over a lot of sites.

Stewart Gordon

Mike said:
Hi all,

Is there any chance you could give me a critique of this web page? Only the
feel and layout, not bothered about the coding yet.

http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia/index6.html

What you like/dislike or what can be added? It's just the homepage at the
moment.

Welcome to newsgroups.

You posted the same message in another 'group four and a half hours
before this one. You received some replies there between posting that
and posting here. And yet:

1. You decided not to refer to the underway thread on the other 'group,
instead posting the question again from scratch, inviting mutually
inconsistent replies and leaving those of us reading both 'groups with
no idea of why the replies on the other 'group are unsatisfactory to
you. What is the point of that?

2. You decided to start a whole new thread on a whole new 'group, rather
than explaining why the replies are unsatisfactory in a followup to that
thread.

3. You gave people only four and a half hours to answer. If you had
been a little more patient, you might have had some of the satisfactory
answers you were seeking.

What is the point of all this?

Please read

http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

and then, if there's any discussion left to continue, pick a 'group on
which you wish it to happen.

Stewart.