    about XML manipulation in JavaScript, in different browsers?

    Thanks,

    Pavils
    Pavils Jurjans, Mar 15, 2006

  2. Michiel van der Blonk, Mar 15, 2006

  3. Pavils Jurjans wrote:

    [snip]
    > I am looking for some API that abstracts away all the differences in
    > XML DOM parsers that are presnt in all supporting browsers - MSIE,
    > Mozilla, Opera, Safari. Perhaps that is implemented in the form of
    > class that has number of methods that "know" how to do the thing in
    > every different environment.
    > I need to do some routine XML - like create XML doc from string, then
    > add some nodes, read it, perhaps XMLHTTP-post it.
    > Has someone done such project? If not, maybe somewhere is discussion
    > about XML manipulation in JavaScript, in different browsers?

    [/snip]

    The SARISSA library may also be worth a look : <URL:
    http://sarissa.sourceforge.net/doc/>

    Regards

    Julian Turner
    Julian Turner, Mar 15, 2006
  4. Pavils Jurjans

    Marvin Guest

    Hi.

    Could you let me know what you discover? I am new at this and am
    looking for some Javascript to read a simple XML file -- regardless of
    the browser being used. I have seen some code to do this:

    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    var xmlDoc=new ActiveXObject "microsoft.xmldom");
    xmlDoc.load("firstxml.xml");
    var RootElement=xmlDoc1.documentElement;
    var nodecount=RootElement.childNodes.length;
    Marvin, Mar 15, 2006