Cross-browser JavaScript for XML manipulation

Pavils Jurjans

Hello,

I am looking for some API that abstracts away all the differences in
XML DOM parsers that are presnt in all supporting browsers - MSIE,
Mozilla, Opera, Safari. Perhaps that is implemented in the form of
class that has number of methods that "know" how to do the thing in
every different environment.
I need to do some routine XML - like create XML doc from string, then
add some nodes, read it, perhaps XMLHTTP-post it.
Has someone done such project? If not, maybe somewhere is discussion
about XML manipulation in JavaScript, in different browsers?

Thanks,

Pavils

Julian Turner

Pavils Jurjans wrote:

[snip]
I am looking for some API that abstracts away all the differences in
XML DOM parsers that are presnt in all supporting browsers - MSIE,
Mozilla, Opera, Safari. Perhaps that is implemented in the form of
class that has number of methods that "know" how to do the thing in
every different environment.
I need to do some routine XML - like create XML doc from string, then
add some nodes, read it, perhaps XMLHTTP-post it.
Has someone done such project? If not, maybe somewhere is discussion
about XML manipulation in JavaScript, in different browsers?
[/snip]

The SARISSA library may also be worth a look : <URL:
http://sarissa.sourceforge.net/doc/>

Regards

Julian Turner

Marvin

Hi.

Could you let me know what you discover? I am new at this and am
looking for some Javascript to read a simple XML file -- regardless of
the browser being used. I have seen some code to do this:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var xmlDoc=new ActiveXObject "microsoft.xmldom");
xmlDoc.load("firstxml.xml");
var RootElement=xmlDoc1.documentElement;
var nodecount=RootElement.childNodes.length;