    where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
    the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
    the PPM version from Activestate.)

    A. Ma, Sep 15, 2003

  2. A. Ma

    Vlad Tepes Guest

    A. Ma <> wrote:

    > I am tryping to get Crypt::SSLeay to run under Windows. From CPAN, the
    > documentation says that Activestate has a compiled version available
    > already. Yet I cannot locate it when I went to Activestate. Does anyone know
    > where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
    > the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
    > the PPM version from Activestate.)

    http://ppm.activestate.com

    Cheers,
    --
    Vlad

    Vlad Tepes, Sep 15, 2003

  3. In article <bk59gp$t3q$>, Vlad Tepes wrote:
    > A. Ma <> wrote:

    [cut]
    >> where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
    >> the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
    >> the PPM version from Activestate.)

    > http://ppm.activestate.com

    I had a quick look around there and yes, the build status says
    that Crypt::SSLeay does build on Windows, but their pages
    contains no link to any package. Maybe it's just me who is
    unfamiliar with the packaging system they use (I'm a Unix guy).
    Hopefully A. Ma is able to make more use of the site than I did.

    --
    Andreas Kähäri

    Andreas Kahari, Sep 15, 2003
  4. A. Ma

    Vlad Tepes Guest

    Andreas Kahari <> wrote:

    > In article <bk59gp$t3q$>, Vlad Tepes wrote:
    >> A. Ma <> wrote:

    > [cut]
    >>> where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
    >>> the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
    >>> the PPM version from Activestate.)

    >> http://ppm.activestate.com

    > I had a quick look around there and yes, the build status says
    > that Crypt::SSLeay does build on Windows, but their pages
    > contains no link to any package. Maybe it's just me who is
    > unfamiliar with the packaging system they use (I'm a Unix guy).
    > Hopefully A. Ma is able to make more use of the site than I did.

    I've never used Activestates packaging system, but I think most people
    install the packages with ppm rather than downloading from the website
    with a browser. Something like this might work:

    ppm install Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

    ( I'm not sure of the syntax, check the docs for ppm. )
    --
    Vlad

    Vlad Tepes, Sep 15, 2003
  5. A. Ma

    Sisyphus Guest

    A. Ma wrote:
    > I am tryping to get Crypt::SSLeay to run under Windows. From CPAN, the
    > documentation says that Activestate has a compiled version available
    > already. Yet I cannot locate it when I went to Activestate. Does anyone know
    > where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
    > the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
    > the PPM version from Activestate.)

    If you can't find it at AS, get it from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/

    For perl 5.6:
    ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

    For perl 5.8
    ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Sep 16, 2003
  6. A. Ma

    Helgi Briem Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:20:39 +0000 (UTC), Andreas Kahari
    <> wrote:

    >In article <bk59gp$t3q$>, Vlad Tepes wrote:
    >> A. Ma <> wrote:

    >[cut]
    >>> where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
    >>> the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
    >>> the PPM version from Activestate.)

    >> http://ppm.activestate.com

    >I had a quick look around there and yes, the build status says
    >that Crypt::SSLeay does build on Windows, but their pages
    >contains no link to any package. Maybe it's just me who is
    >unfamiliar with the packaging system they use (I'm a Unix guy).
    >Hopefully A. Ma is able to make more use of the site than I did.

    Open a command line window and type:

    C:\>ppm install Crypt::SSLeay
    --
    Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

    Excuses the munged address. My last
    e-mail address was killed by spammers.

    Helgi Briem, Sep 16, 2003
  7. A. Ma

    A. Ma Guest

    That's where I first looked but could not find the file to download.
    ActiveState says that the module passed the test but the repository does not
    contain the PPD file. 'Sisyphus' suggested http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/. I
    will try it today.

    A.Ma

    A. Ma, Sep 16, 2003