Crypt::SSLeay

A. Ma

I am tryping to get Crypt::SSLeay to run under Windows. From CPAN, the
documentation says that Activestate has a compiled version available
already. Yet I cannot locate it when I went to Activestate. Does anyone know
where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
the PPM version from Activestate.)

Vlad Tepes

A. Ma said:
I am tryping to get Crypt::SSLeay to run under Windows. From CPAN, the
documentation says that Activestate has a compiled version available
already. Yet I cannot locate it when I went to Activestate. Does anyone know
where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
the PPM version from Activestate.)

http://ppm.activestate.com

Cheers,

Andreas Kahari

I had a quick look around there and yes, the build status says
that Crypt::SSLeay does build on Windows, but their pages
contains no link to any package. Maybe it's just me who is
unfamiliar with the packaging system they use (I'm a Unix guy).
Hopefully A. Ma is able to make more use of the site than I did.

Vlad Tepes

Andreas Kahari said:
I had a quick look around there and yes, the build status says
that Crypt::SSLeay does build on Windows, but their pages
contains no link to any package. Maybe it's just me who is
unfamiliar with the packaging system they use (I'm a Unix guy).
Hopefully A. Ma is able to make more use of the site than I did.

I've never used Activestates packaging system, but I think most people
install the packages with ppm rather than downloading from the website
with a browser. Something like this might work:

ppm install Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

( I'm not sure of the syntax, check the docs for ppm. )

Sisyphus

A. Ma said:
I am tryping to get Crypt::SSLeay to run under Windows. From CPAN, the
documentation says that Activestate has a compiled version available
already. Yet I cannot locate it when I went to Activestate. Does anyone know
where I can find one? (The documentation from CPAN implied that compiling
the module yourself is very problematic. That's why they suggested getting
the PPM version from Activestate.)

If you can't find it at AS, get it from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/

For perl 5.6:
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

For perl 5.8
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

Cheers,
Rob

Helgi Briem

I had a quick look around there and yes, the build status says
that Crypt::SSLeay does build on Windows, but their pages
contains no link to any package. Maybe it's just me who is
unfamiliar with the packaging system they use (I'm a Unix guy).
Hopefully A. Ma is able to make more use of the site than I did.

Open a command line window and type:

C:\>ppm install Crypt::SSLeay

A. Ma

That's where I first looked but could not find the file to download.
ActiveState says that the module passed the test but the repository does not
contain the PPD file. 'Sisyphus' suggested http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/. I
will try it today.

A.Ma