CS0103: The name 'dsSchedule1' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASP.schedule_aspx'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by gdubois@deloitte.vg, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi!!

    I am trying for the first time to put on our intranet a really basic
    ASP.NET page, using VS2003 and C#.

    It's a page reading some info from an ACCESS database, using one
    dataset (dsSchedule) and a datagrid.

    Locally on my machine everything works fine. I copied directly all
    the files directy in my Virtual Folder on the server.

    I get the error:
    CS0103: The name 'dsSchedule1' does not exist in the class or
    namespace 'ASP.schedule_aspx'

    Line 14: runat="server" Height="160px" Width="192px"
    BackColor="Navy" ForeColor="White"></asp:calendar><asp:datagrid
    id=DataGrid1 style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 32px; POSITION: absolute; TOP:
    240px" runat="server" Height="149px" Width="704px" DataSource="<%#
    dsSchedule1 %>" AutoGenerateColumns="False">

    If I remove the DataSource part the page will load, but without the
    data.

    I am pretty sure it is something really simple... just too stupid to
    figure it out.

    Thanks
    , Feb 6, 2007

  2. On your machine, find where dsSchedule is defined. This part is missing on
    the server. It could be a file or a dll, depending on where you find the
    definition.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 6, 2007

    On Feb 6, 5:00 pm, "Eliyahu Goldin"
    <> wrote:
    > On your machine, find where dsSchedule is defined. This part is missing on
    > the server. It could be a file or a dll, depending on where you find the
    > definition.
    >
    > --
    > Eliyahu Goldin,
    > Software Developer & Consultant
    > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin

    Sorry, could you help me out and tell me how I can do that?

    I transfered the cs file and the schema file...

    Thanks
    , Feb 6, 2007
  4. Neither cs nor schema is needed on the server. You need to compile the app
    on your machine and copy over the bin directory.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 6, 2007