Custom Control. How to start?

shapper

Hello,

I am starting to create various custom controls for Asp.Net 2.0 and I
am using Visual Studio 2005.

I have a few questions:

1. Should I use the Web Site or Project Model?
I believe Project Model allows me to embed the resources (images,
css files, etc) into my DLL.
Maybe this is better for distribution?
2. When creating a control which option in VS2005 should I use?
I create all my control in my VB code.
Component, UserControl, etc?

As I said I have the plan for 5 Asp.Net controls so I need to decide
how to start.

Thanks,
Miguel

shapper

Hello,

I just tried "Create a Web Control Library".

I have a question:
I am creating a library which will have web controls but will also have
a few classes like a custom Mail class.

My plan is to have the library namespace: MyCompany

Then the classes which have web controls will be in MyCompany.Web.UI

Namespace Web.UI
Class MyWebControl
End Class
End Namespace

The Mail class will be inside Web:

Namespace Web
Class Mail
End Class
End Namespace

Then I will have other classes wich will be just defined as:

Class MyTraClass
End Class

Should i just create a Class Library and then organize myself inside
it?

Thanks,
Miguel

shapper

And one more question:

Would I be able to give access to only parts of my class according to
licence?

I know this is to far ahead but I would like to plan all this right so
I will not need to change many things in the future.

Thank You,
Miguel

P.S: I saw that MSDN article. I new it but it doesn't answer to all my
questions.