custom datagrid control bind?

dave

I have created a custom datagrid control. I have embedded buttons for sorting the columns within the datagrid. I can capture when these buttons are selected within the custom control. I need to at this point notify my aspx page that i need to go get the data again and rebind. How best can i achieve this?

thank you in advance.

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi dave,

As I monitored, this issue is similiar with another post of you.

Normally, in your custom control, you should expose properties to web page
to retrieve the needed datasource for your datagrid. Then you can re-bind
your datagrid freely.

Also, as I stated in that article, you may bubble your custom control's
event to parent control, then you can handle all the events in the same
level(Page level).

For more detailed information, please refer to my reply to you in "datagrid
sort custom control question" of
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support