customizing wsdl and discovery

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Andrea Anastasecu, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Hi everybody,

    I am writting my first webservice but I encounter some problems and I have
    not v much time, although I'd like to get a deeper understanding on the
    problem.
    I am using VS.2003.
    The IIS I want to deploy my service is listening on port 81, but it is
    intended to be used through a NAT, so the clients will see it via port 80.
    My problems are related to the automaticaly (and on-fly) generated wsdl and
    discovery documents.
    These, both contains the urls containg the port 81.
    But I'd like to have access to these, because otherwise it is not possible
    for the clients to use it.
    I found a not v elegant workaround for modifiing the wsdl - using
    SoapExtensionReflector class, where I modify the soap address binding.
    My current problem is to find a solution for discovery document
    http://myhost/webservice/myservice.asmx?disco
    returns:
    <discovery>
    <contractRef ref="http://myhost:81/webservice/myservice.asmx?wsdl"