cx_Freeze and Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by BM, Sep 30, 2006.

  1. BM

    BM Guest

    Hi.
    Does somebody used cx_Freeze, especially on Mac? I have a trouble to
    make *standalone* program. If I use dynamically compiled Python as it
    done by default, I always have an "hardcoded" URL inside the Python
    binary something like /usr/local/Python2.5/lib/libpython.... so after I
    freeze stuff and put to another machine, it fails with exactly the
    error: Library /usr/local/Python2.5/blah-blah/... is missing. Means,
    not a standalone App so far.

    Then I tried to build Python statically. I success editing
    Modules/Setup and I got fat binary with no such a path inside the VM.
    However, when I try to Freeze, it barks with the following:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Users/bm/cx_Freeze-3.0.3/initscripts/ConsoleKeepPath.py", line
    15, in <module>
    exec code in m.__dict__
    File "FreezePython.py", line 7, in <module>
    import Freezer
    File "Freezer.py", line 9, in <module>
    import zipfile
    File "/Users/bm/Python2.5-static/lib/python2.5/zipfile.py", line 5,
    in <module>
    import binascii, cStringIO
    ImportError:
    dlopen(/Users/bm/Python2.5-static/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/binascii.so,
    2): Symbol not found: _PyModule_GetDict
    Referenced from:
    /Users/bm/Python2.5-static/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/binascii.so
    Expected in: dynamic lookup

    Well, traceback usually differs - depends of what module it wants to
    load. If you make it ./configure --disable-shared, then it fails

    Thanks for any advice.

    BM, Sep 30, 2006