Cyborgs work better than Alice or Eliza

CoreyWhite

Here is my design to build a cyborg.

You just have a search engine, and as the user types in queries to the
cyborg, the program searches for the best possible responses. Then a
support agent chooses a question. Once the question is chosen the
program plays like 20 questions, and the technical support agent can
browse through those questions or move backwards and forwards in the
nest of 20 questions to pick other answers with the search engine.

The technical support agents at AOL use software like this, and the
people on the phone do it to to make sure they keep clients and get
buisness. But they are paying people in india 10 cents an hour to use
the software to do this, when they can barely speak english.

My idea it to create an open source version of this software, and get
Americans using it to talk to each other to answer questions about
Linux, or get life coaching and counseling. It is simple to write the
code, but we need people to program the responses!

Jim Langston

[...]

And your C++ question is?

virtualadepts

Jim said:
And your C++ question is?

Well what we really need is someone who can understand all of the open
source spaghetti out there. We could build this program to work along
side of "Alice", so that all of the multiple choice options the Cyborg
created would seem human-realistic. But whoever programmed Alice wrote
it in an attempt to release the source code so no one could ever
understand how it worked. Just to mock reverse engineers.

CoreyWhite

LaBlueGirl said:
(e-mail address removed) schreef:

'nuff said.

It would be pretty radical if someone took this idea and started
working on it, can you image what would happen if google did?

Google doesn't use recursive searching. Searching within a game of 20
questions would be great if they could organize their engine into a
database where it would work. If Google were to do this, you could run
one search, and then narrow your search down within the search results
with another search. It is incredibly complex to get something like
this to work however unless they construct the database to work this
way.

Like me, I am going to be using the "Alice" software to design my
cyborg. But all of this open source code is written in spaghetti, and
is bloated, just to mock reverse engineers. But I've actually
downloaded the first version of alice written in PHP, and I can
understand it. The actual code for alice is just a few files, but the
aiml - 'brains', for the bot are about a megabyte. So it just goes to
show how if you download alice in C++, your going to be dealing with a
few megabytes of spaghetti, that no one will ever be able to understand.