D-CM; Software Testers

Kruptein

Okay so I just released the 0.2-alpha version of my project and I'm
looking for people that would like to test it.

It is written in python with the wxpython gui bindings and is aimed
to help developers.

You can find more info on launchpad: http://launchpad.net/d-cm

Stephen Hansen

Okay so I just released the 0.2-alpha version of my project and I'm
looking for people that would like to test it.

It is written in python with the wxpython gui bindings and is aimed
to help developers.

You can find more info on launchpad: http://launchpad.net/d-cm

What does it *do*?

The LP page is vague, "all those apps", then you're talking about
various vague statements of Stuff Doing Stuff Together.

But *what* is the stuff? The home page link on the LP page goes
somewhere weird.

So yeah. What's it *do*? I don't like downloading software until I have
an idea of what its for :)

--

Stephen Hansen
... Also: Ixokai

Kruptein

What does it *do*?
The LP page is vague, "all those apps", then you're talking about
various vague statements of Stuff Doing Stuff Together.

But *what* is the stuff? The home page link on the LP page goes
somewhere weird.

So yeah. What's it *do*? I don't like downloading software until I have
an idea of what its for :)

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai
   ... Blog:http://meh.ixokai.io/

You're perfectly right about not doing that!

So the program is kind of a platform to which several addons can be
added.
I've made some base addons that work well together.
These addons are tools that you in my opinion need to develop certain
programs/websites
for example I've made a file-manager, a text-editor, ftp-manager, sql-
support

These are the only ones available for now, but I'm going to offer more
in the future and maybe there will come one day a third party addon :)

I hope this already cleared it up a bit.

So I've bundles all those programs in one large program that makes it
easy to interact between eachother and make it easy for the user to
change it to his taste (because he can add or delete other addons)

Stephen Hansen

You're perfectly right about not doing that!

So the program is kind of a platform to which several addons can be
added.
I've made some base addons that work well together.
These addons are tools that you in my opinion need to develop certain
programs/websites
for example I've made a file-manager, a text-editor, ftp-manager, sql-
support

These are the only ones available for now, but I'm going to offer more
in the future and maybe there will come one day a third party addon :)

I hope this already cleared it up a bit.

So I've bundles all those programs in one large program that makes it
easy to interact between eachother and make it easy for the user to
change it to his taste (because he can add or delete other addons)

That's better. :)

I would suggest adding a little more: some bullet points of how they
work together in a way that's new or efficient or what's compelling
about the interaction. And a screenshot or two.

Either way, I'm now curious enough to actually download it later on. :)

--

Stephen Hansen
... Also: Ixokai

Kruptein

On 6/19/10 11:52 PM, Kruptein wrote:

That's better. :)

I would suggest adding a little more: some bullet points of how they
work together in a way that's new or efficient or what's compelling
about the interaction. And a screenshot or two.

Either way, I'm now curious enough to actually download it later on. :)

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai
   ... Blog:http://meh.ixokai.io/

 signature.asc
< 1 KWeergevenDownloaden

Well in my first release I had a different structure which didn't
allow that addons communicate with each other, with this release it is
possible and not even that difficult to implement.

Examples of the interaction are for example:
-Addons can create and join triggers. If addon A updates something,it
can say to d-cm "Update that trigger" and all the addons which have
joined the trigger will receive an update and can choose weither they
do something with it.

I use this to sync the file browsers from the ftp-manager and the main
file-manager because I hate it when my file-browsers aren't synched
up :p

So everytime a user changes the directory in one window, it will
automaticly also change the directory in an other window if it's
registered to the trigger. You can ofcourse disable this if you don't
like this

An other example would be:
-I have a file manager and a text-editor included in d-cm, in the file-
manager there is an "Edit" button, if you click on it, the file-
manager will first try to connect to deditor(standard included) but if
that fails it will use the system default...

There are plenty of examples and I hope you understand it a bit :)
(My problem is that I can't explain in clear language what it exactly
does, which makes it difficult for other people to undersand :s but
that is probably because I'm not a native-english speaker and because
I'm still young :p