DataColumn field in a collectioneditor

Geert

Hi,
It is the first time I am trying to build my own Usercontrol, so bare with me.

I have a Usercontrol inherited form "System.ComponentModel.Component"
One of the properties of my Control is a strongly typed collection.
I have implemented my own CollectionEditor.
It seems to work except for 1 property

I have a property in the collection class called
BindedDataColum of type DataColumn.
When I click on this property in the collectioneditor to enter a value it
does not show me anything.
It shows me a drop down with no values

However I have a Typed dataset on the Webform (The same Form I have my own
component on)

If I create a property of type datacolumn in the component itself ( at the
same level of my collection property) and I want to change this property I
get an overview of all datasets on my webform and I can descent to a
Datacolumn of a given dataset and datatable.

I want this behavior also in my own class I have used for the collectionItems.
But like I already explained It wil not show me any datasets.

I have also Implemented a Property called BindedWebControl as
"System.Web.UI.Control" In the Class I am using in the collectionEditor
When I Click on this property in the collectioneditor it wil show me the
webconbtrols of the webForm like I expected.
This seems to work.
Why is it not working for a property of type Datacolumn (Or DataTable, or
Dataset)
(Like I mentioned before ,If I implement a Property of type DataColumn in
the Component Itself it gives me an overview of all datasets,datatables and
columns of the WebForm)
It seems to me that the property in the Class I am using in the
collectioneditor is not
aware of any datasets on the webform.
Am I missing something ?
Can someone point me to a solution.
Or give me an example to solve this (If possible in VB)