DataFormatString is ignored on on some servers

jonefer

Is their any particular reason (server or design?) why the following line
won't work on some servers?

This is code within a Gridview control
<asp:BoundField DataField="Regional Target" DataFormatString="{0:#%}"
HeaderText="Regional Target"

This code works on my development machine VS Studio 2005 and Microsoft
Visual Studio 2005
Version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600)
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727 SP1

What I am getting is unformated 'real' numbers... i.e. 0.638354978354978
instead of 64%.

Something to note is that font weighting like bold or underlining or
anti-aliasing is also not taking place on this server, although the correct
choice of font IS.

I have a hunch that there is a setting on a server that doesn't- allow such
formatting in favor of faster rendering therefore, less 'load' on the server?

If not, what causes the server to completely ignore the
DataFormatString="{0:#%}" ?

Stan

[...]

Hi

I don't know why there should be any difference between the server to
the development machine (I doubt it has anything to do with
restrictive settings) but there is a standard numeric format specifier
for percentages in ASP.NET.

Try "{0:p0}" which will muliply by 100, round to the number of decimal
places specified (in this case 0) and add the % symbol.

HTH

Just Me

You say it works on VS on your Machine but not on the server is this correct
?

Well, one think i can tell you is that there is a property for the
DataField's on the GridView called htmlEncode and if this is set to True,
then your format string will be ignored completely. It may be that there is
a difference between the aspx page on your local machine and the server,
this is the most likely difference.

[...]

now that --was helpful.

Another thing that seems to work is to set the field as an item template.