Datagrid Grow-Shrink

Carl Tribble

I have a datagrid and some textboxes and buttons below it. As I add data to
the datgrid it grows vertically (of course) and eventually covers up my
other controls. How do I make my other controls move as the datagrid
changes in size so they always maintain a constant distance from the bottom
edge of the datagrid?

Thanks,
-Carl

Craig Deelsnyder

Carl said:
I have a datagrid and some textboxes and buttons below it. As I add data to
the datgrid it grows vertically (of course) and eventually covers up my
other controls. How do I make my other controls move as the datagrid
changes in size so they always maintain a constant distance from the bottom
edge of the datagrid?

Thanks,
-Carl

Is changing your form's layout to FlowLayout not an option? I assume
you're using GridLayout...

Carl Tribble

I tried changing the pageLayout property for the document from GridLayout
to FlowLayout but when I run the page the result is the same. If there are
too many rows in the datagrid, it extends down and covers up by other
controls. Furthermore as I add and remove rows, the other controls keep
their same relative position on the page even though the datagrid is growing
or shrinking vertically with the number of rows in the data source. Is
there some property of the datagrid or of the other controls that tells them
to move with the datagrid?

Thanks,
-Carl