Datagrid or Repeater - Multiple Columns

Simon Harris

Hi All,

I have an app which requires a list of coutries to be displayed, so far I
have a datagrid which contains displays the countries Ok, along with flag
images, these are also links to my dtail page - So far so good (Thanks to
Pete Beech for the assistance in getting this far!)

What I would now like is to spread the countries across multiple columns -
e.g. grid/table with 20 countries, 5 rows X 5 columns. (Currently they are
displayed in 1 column)

Is this possible using either datagrid or repeater controls?

Thanks!

Simon.

--
-
* Please reply to group for the benefit of all

Pete Beech

Hi Simon,
I would say the DataList would be your best bet, since that has a way of
displaying a list with multiple columns using the RepeatColumns (int) and
RepeatDirection property.

The datagrid can't lay out columns as you want - and I'm not sure about the
Repeater - you might be able to do it, but it won't be as easy as with the
DataList control.

Here are some links - the first one lists all the different options for
displaying lists, (although it isn't actually that clear on laying out
things in a grid style.)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/vbcondisplayinglistsusingwebcontrols.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/vbcon/html/vbtskspecifyinglistlayout.asp

Cheers,