Dataset and WS-I BP 1.1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Rasheed, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. Rasheed

    Rasheed Guest

    The requirement is to build interoperable web services which should conform
    to WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 (This requirement came little late in the
    development life cycle). Some of the existing web services utilize Dataset as
    return type and input parameters.

    The web services by default contain the Following attribute (VS 2005, WSE
    3.0):

    [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo =
    WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1,EmitConformanceClaims=true)]

    When we browse the web service it does not show any warnings about the usage
    of Dataset. However, the following link says usage of Dataset would violate
    BP rules.

    We really do not know the web service with Dataset conforms to BP 1.1 or
    not. Since VS 2005 does not show any warnings, are we conforming to BP 1.1?

    Your inputs will be really helpful

    Thanks,
    Rasheed
    Rasheed, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Rasheed

    Vijay Pandey Guest

    Datasets, xmldocuments or any weakly typed data type does not conform to BP 1.1

    Vijay Pandey, Aug 14, 2006

  3. "Vijay Pandey" <> wrote in message
    > Datasets, xmldocuments or any weakly typed data type does not conform to
    > BP 1.1

    What about a strongly-typed dataset, or an XML document conforming to a
    specified schema?

    John

    John Saunders, Aug 14, 2006
  4. Rasheed

    Rasheed Guest

    Thanks Vijay. What is confusing is we do not get any warning when such data
    types are used eventhough the WebServiceBinding is set as stated in my

    Thanks for helping!
    Rasheed

    Rasheed, Aug 15, 2006