WSI Basic Profile 1.1 Compliant Web Service!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by mehdi, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. mehdi

    mehdi Guest

    Hi folks,
    I've been lately trying to expose an object graph (with circular
    references) through a web method, however, this was not possible since
    the XmlSerializer has got no idea how to address the issue. Therefore,
    I've just changed the WebServiceBindingAttribute from

    [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]
    [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.None)]

    and added the SoapDocumentMethodAttribute to the web methods as follows
    and the problem is solved.

    [SoapDocumentMethod(Use=SoapBindingUse.Encoded)]

    The questions:

    1. I would like to know this means that I only and only lose the
    interoperability? Is this what happens???

    2. Is there anyway to solve the circular referencing problem within the
    object graph when exposing objects through web methods under the WSI
    Basic Profile 1.1 standard?

    3. Consider a class (MyEntity) that has got some properties, say Prop1,
    Prop2 and Prop3 all of boolean type. On the service side, consider
    this:

    MyEntity entity = new MyEntity();
    entity.Prop1 = false;
    entity.Prop2 = false;
    entity.Prop3 = false;
    return entity;

    When the entity is marshaled to the client, the Prop2 is true, while
    it's being set to false!!!! What the heck is going wrong with this?

    TIA,
    Mehdi

    mehdi, Dec 11, 2006