Dataview filter remains filtered across users.

vMike

I have dataview which is stored in Cache for about 10 minutes. When a web
user makes a selection the cached data is called from cache, sorted,
filtered and bound to a datagrid. The cache is not re-saved. When the next
user comes along if they have no querystring parameters, they are supposed
to default back to the beginning of the data, but instead the data grid
starts at the point the last user was viewing. The users are able to get
back to any part of the data but it seems a bit odd that this is happenning.
I would think that the sort of one user should effect the sort of the other
user.

A temporary solution has been to re-filter the dataview after the datagrid
is bound to include all the records but it really doesn't make sense to me
at the next user get a page-load which is calls the cache. I'm concerned as
their may be other data that is being used "across" users that shouldn't be.
Is this normal? Thanks for any advice.

Natty Gur

Hi,

Dataview represents a databindable, customized view of a DataTable for
sorting, filtering, searching, editing, and navigation. So every action
you perform actually influences the underline datatable. Maybe it’s
better for you to save datatable and clone it for every request or
alternatively keep the dataview in each user session (although I don’t
like both of those methods)

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana