Debug 2 ASP.NET applications- URGENT

Guest

Hi

Is it possible to debug 2 ASP.NET applications at the same time from a machine ?

I had tried out in Win 2000 professional and also in win 2003 server.

I end up getting this error message when I start debugging the second application

"Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web server. A debugger is already attached"

Any guess ? is it first of all possible to debug 2 web application simultaneously
from a server?

Regards

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

The debugger attaches to the worker process, so the answer is no. This is
the reason it is not wise to debug on a central server. The best method of
application development is local, where each team member has their own
"sandbox" to play in. While it seems convenient to work from a central
development server, debugging is just one issue.

Of course, distributed development necessitates some form of source control
system, like SourceSafe.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
Arcot said:
Hi

Is it possible to debug 2 ASP.NET applications at the same time from a machine ?

I had tried out in Win 2000 professional and also in win 2003 server.

I end up getting this error message when I start debugging the second application

"Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web
server. A debugger is already attached"

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

As far as I know, the error message is correct. One debugger at a time per
box.

Guest

I did however try creating different application pools under IIS 6.0, one for
each project, and then added each project’s application to their own application pool. This way it seems possible to debug multiple web applications at the same time. Is this a good solution ???

Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
a debugger is already atteched

the other solution of this problem is that left hand side bottom toolbar have an icon of ASP.NET application Server, double click on this click stop.