    Any guess ? is it first of all possible to debug 2 web application simultaneously
    from a server?

    Regards
    =?Utf-8?B?QXJjb3Q=?=, Jul 6, 2004

  2. The debugger attaches to the worker process, so the answer is no. This is
    the reason it is not wise to debug on a central server. The best method of
    application development is local, where each team member has their own
    "sandbox" to play in. While it seems convenient to work from a central
    development server, debugging is just one issue.

    Of course, distributed development necessitates some form of source control
    system, like SourceSafe.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "Arcot" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Is it possible to debug 2 ASP.NET applications at the same time from a

    machine ?

    > I had tried out in Win 2000 professional and also in win 2003 server.
    >
    > I end up getting this error message when I start debugging the second

    application

    > "Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web

    server. A debugger is already attached"

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Jul 6, 2004

  3. As far as I know, the error message is correct. One debugger at a time per
    box.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 6, 2004
  4. I did however try creating different application pools under IIS 6.0, one for
    each project, and then added each project’s application to their own application pool. This way it seems possible to debug multiple web applications at the same time. Is this a good solution ???

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJjb3Q=?=, Jul 7, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QXJjb3Q=?=

    swati254

    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Messages:
    11
    a debugger is already atteched

    the other solution of this problem is that left hand side bottom toolbar have an icon of ASP.NET application Server, double click on this click stop.
    swati254, Feb 17, 2009