Debugger not working in copy of VS 2003 ASP.Net

DCC700

After making a copy of a working ASP.net solution I am able to run the
debugger in the original solution, but not in the new one. The project
builds and runs in the new solution but ignores any breakpoints.

I checked the typical debugger problems such as in the following article
with no luck.

http://www.geocities.com/vinnisharma/EnablingASPNETDebugging.htm

The solution consists of web and web service projects as well as class
libraries. I had issues with the web services pointing back to the
original project so renamed them all, and am wondering if there is a
similar issue keeping the debugger from attaching properly.

Has anyone experienced this when copying projects or have any
suggestions?

Guest

After making a copy of a working ASP.net solution I am able to run the
debugger in the original solution, but not in the new one. The project
builds and runs in the new solution but ignores any breakpoints.

I checked the typical debugger problems such as in the following article
with no luck.

http://www.geocities.com/vinnisharma/EnablingASPNETDebugging.htm

The solution consists of web and web service projects as well as class
libraries. I had issues with the web services pointing back to the
original project so renamed them all, and am wondering if there is a
similar issue keeping the debugger from attaching properly.

Has anyone experienced this when copying projects or have any
suggestions?

*** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

I know that it is written in that article, but... ensure that ASP.NET
version is correct, debug mode is enabled, project is built for debug,
close VS.NET and open the project again.

DCC700

All the settings you mentioned were correct, however after shutting down
my computer last night and reopening this morning. It is now working. I
know I had reopened the project at some point, but may have made
additional config changes since.

Thanks for your feedback.

Guest

All the settings you mentioned were correct, however after shutting down
my computer last night and reopening this morning. It is now working. I
know I had reopened the project at some point, but may have made
additional config changes since.

Thanks for your feedback.

*** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

indeed! restart is always a good idea :)