debugging for multiple versions of IE

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Ben said:
Hmm...thanks for the suggestion, but IEs4Linux requires a copy of IE,
which you can't get (legally) without buying a copy of Windows. I'm not
interested in putting money in Microsoft's pockets just so I can make
my code work in their browser. This is just a fun project. Same problem
with installing Windows on VMs: I'd have to buy Windows.

It is true that you need to have one Windows license in order to install
IEs4Linux (thanks for pointing out). However, there are restricted Windows
licenses available free of charge as images from Microsoft for Microsoft
Virtual PC and probably other VMs like QEMU. You could even try to install
MSVPC an WINE.

HTH

PointedEars