Debugging with Eclipse freezes CPU (99% usage)

Rebecca

Hi gurus,

When debugging with Eclipse, it often consumes CPU up to 99%, while
nothing actually is done and the java GUI can not be displayed. Every
time in such a case, I have to kill the thread "javaw.exe".

I am using Eclipse 3.1 with Java JRE 1.4.01, because some third party
jars only supports this version of Java.

The CPU and RAM of my machine is more than enough.

Thanks for reply in advance.

Regards,
Rebecca

softwarepearls_com

Hi  gurus,

When debugging with Eclipse, it often consumes CPU up to 99%, while
nothing actually is done and the java GUI can not be displayed. Every
time in such a case, I have to kill the thread "javaw.exe".

I am using Eclipse 3.1 with Java JRE 1.4.01, because some third party
jars only supports this version of Java.

The CPU and RAM of my machine is more than enough.

Thanks for reply in advance.

Regards,
Rebecca

Upgrade your Eclipse to the latest version.. you can still work on
applications stuck with 1.4.