Decrpyt CPAN RC4 under Windows 2000.

John South

I've found the Crypt::RC4 Perl script on the CPAN site as a easy way
to encrypt email attachments from my ISP.

I need to decrypt them on a workstation running Windows 2000. I've
tried a Windows API from ZBit but there must be subtle differences in
the algorithm because it doesn't return the plain text.
Does anyone know of a tool that would do the job on the workstation.
Otherwise I will have to find out how to run Perl under Windows 2000.

John South
Pangbourne UK

Sisyphus

John said:
I've found the Crypt::RC4 Perl script on the CPAN site as a easy way
to encrypt email attachments from my ISP.

I need to decrypt them on a workstation running Windows 2000. I've
tried a Windows API from ZBit but there must be subtle differences in
the algorithm because it doesn't return the plain text.
Does anyone know of a tool that would do the job on the workstation.

A Google search for 'RC4 windows' (or something similar) might help.
Otherwise I will have to find out how to run Perl under Windows 2000.

Not so difficult. Just install the compiled perl binary from
www.ActiveState.com and use the ppm utility that comes with it to
install Crypt::RC4. (Looking closer, it seems that Crypt::RC4 is pure
perl, so you could install the module by simply copying RC4.pm from the
cpan distro to your perl/site/lib/Crypt/ folder, if need be.)

Cheers,
Rob