delete .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 before installing .NET FRAMEWORK 2 ????

moi

Hello,
I have windows server 2003 SP1 with .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1.
I have a .net website that works well..
I would like to develop a new website with ASP.NET 2 (.NET FRAMEWORK 2).
How do i install the new .net framework 2 ?

- should i install it over .net framework 1.1 ? which .net framework will
use my website so ???
- Should i uninstall the .net framework 1.1 before and install the .net
framework 2 ?

Thanks for helping me !!

Guest

hi

you can install the new .net 2.0 independently of 1.0. both can run side by
side.

after installing, you can go to IIS->default Website Properties->ASP.NET and
see which version it is using. You can select the version to use from there.
Alternatively there are some free tools like ASP.NET version switcher which u
can use.

There is no need to unistall 1.0 or 1.1.

Karl Seguin [MVP]

You can install them side-by-side without a problem.

in IIS there'll be an "ASP.NET" tab for each application/website, which you
can click on and pick the version of asp.net that'll be used.

Karl

Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
uninstall .net framework 1.1 and 2.0

Is it OK to uninstall .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 after installing .net framework 3.0 for space constraints