Deparse error

rmartin

I need to try the Deprse function

my system Windows Xp
Perl 5.6.1

C:\DeparseTest\bin>perl -MO=Deparse catalogo.cgi
Can't call method "PADLIST" on an undefined value at C:/Perl/lib/B/Deparse.pm
line 1039.
CHECK failed--call queue aborted.

The module is installed?
I try to
ppm verify

PPM interactive shell (2.1.5) - type 'help' for available commands.
PPM> verify b-deparse
While verifying package 'b-deparse': Package 'b-deparse' has not been installed
by PPM

Any idea?
thanks
ramrtin

rmartin

Can't call method "PADLIST" on an undefined value at C:/Perl/lib/B/Deparse.pm
This indicates Deparse is installed on your system.

Yes i think it's installed but what's PADLIST
This indicates Deparse is not installed on your system.

Which report do you believe?

What's repot?

can you help me?
i try to search deparse in ppm but:

PPM> search deparse
Packages available from http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/
PPMServer:
Parse-RecDescent-Deparse [1.00] Turn a Parse::RecDescent object back into its
grammar

Is not the right!!!!
Whats my module B-Deparse?

Brian McCauley

Yes i think it's installed but what's PADLIST

PADLIST is a method that is being called at line 1039 of B/Deparse.pm
but with an undefined value where the object reference should be.

I suspect that the person who wrote the code was expecting a B::CV
object as class B::CV does indeed have a method called PADLIST. The B
stuff is not well documented but I'd guess that it should return the
list of pads (lexical variable symbol table thingies) associated with
a Perl interal CV object (i.e. a subroutine). Whenever I try to call
it I just get a segmentation fault.

No, it indicates that the PPM version of the mythical _distribution_
'b-deparse' has not been installed. B::Deparse is part of the
standard Perl distrbution and has been for some time AFAIK.
What's repot?

It's what you do to plants when they get too big for the pot they are
in.
Whats my module B-Deparse?

http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.4/ext/B/B/Deparse.pm

--