Deparse error

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by rmartin, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. rmartin

    rmartin Guest

    I need to try the Deprse function

    my system Windows Xp
    Perl 5.6.1

    C:\DeparseTest\bin>perl -MO=Deparse catalogo.cgi
    Can't call method "PADLIST" on an undefined value at C:/Perl/lib/B/Deparse.pm
    line 1039.
    CHECK failed--call queue aborted.

    The module is installed?
    I try to
    ppm verify

    PPM interactive shell (2.1.5) - type 'help' for available commands.
    PPM> verify b-deparse
    While verifying package 'b-deparse': Package 'b-deparse' has not been installed
    by PPM

    Any idea?
    thanks
    ramrtin
    rmartin, Jul 6, 2004

  2. rmartin

    rmartin Guest

    > > Can't call method "PADLIST" on an undefined value at C:/Perl/lib/B/Deparse.pm
    > > line 1039.

    > This indicates Deparse is installed on your system.

    Yes i think it's installed but what's PADLIST

    > > PPM> verify b-deparse
    > > While verifying package 'b-deparse': Package 'b-deparse' has not been installed
    > > by PPM

    > This indicates Deparse is not installed on your system.
    >
    > Which report do you believe?

    What's repot?

    can you help me?
    i try to search deparse in ppm but:

    PPM> search deparse
    Packages available from http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/
    PPMServer:
    Parse-RecDescent-Deparse [1.00] Turn a Parse::RecDescent object back into its
    grammar

    Is not the right!!!!
    Whats my module B-Deparse?
    rmartin, Jul 7, 2004

  3. (rmartin) writes:

    > > > Can't call method "PADLIST" on an undefined value at C:/Perl/lib/B/Deparse.pm
    > > > line 1039.

    > > This indicates Deparse is installed on your system.

    > Yes i think it's installed but what's PADLIST

    PADLIST is a method that is being called at line 1039 of B/Deparse.pm
    but with an undefined value where the object reference should be.

    I suspect that the person who wrote the code was expecting a B::CV
    object as class B::CV does indeed have a method called PADLIST. The B
    stuff is not well documented but I'd guess that it should return the
    list of pads (lexical variable symbol table thingies) associated with
    a Perl interal CV object (i.e. a subroutine). Whenever I try to call
    it I just get a segmentation fault.

    > > > While verifying package 'b-deparse': Package 'b-deparse' has not been installed
    > > > by PPM

    > > This indicates Deparse is not installed on your system.

    No, it indicates that the PPM version of the mythical _distribution_
    'b-deparse' has not been installed. B::Deparse is part of the
    standard Perl distrbution and has been for some time AFAIK.

    > What's repot?

    It's what you do to plants when they get too big for the pot they are
    in.

    http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.4/ext/B/B/Deparse.pm

    --
    \\ ( )