deploy a project to a device

Rosalind Chen

Hi, All
A similiar message was posted on another newgroup last week. I am still
working on this issue. If anyone have any information, I greatly appreciate
it.

I have built a smart device application by VB in Visual Studio .NET and
I want to download this application to a SH3 device that is running WinCE
4.2 with .NET Compact framework. ActiveSync is running successfully between
this device and my development PC which is Window 2000. But downloading
fails and error is like this:

"Deploying to Windows CE .NET Device using TCP Connect Transport

Error: Cannot establish a connection. Be sure the device is physically
connected to the development computer."

But I can download to Windows CE .net Emulator.

I have installed SQL Server 2.0 CE server and configured IIS. But I
configured IIS after I installed Visual Studio .NET. Is this a problem? What
am I missing here?

Any information is appreciated

Rosalind